This Month's Lesson
DJ Jerry's October Playlist
Music rights license through National Fastdance Association.
- Corizon Espinado
- I'll Take You There
- Turn On The Radio
- One More Day
- Thing Called Love
- Old Enough To Know Better
- Blowin' Smoke
- The Same Love That Made Me Laugh
- Bang A Gong (Get It Now)
- Love After War
- Philadelphia Freedom
- Honey Bee
- La Luma Hizo Esto
- The Way You Look Tonight
- Try Matty's
- The New Fever Waltz
- Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off
- Swearin' To God (Singles Version)
- Moon Dance
- Old School (Now What's Next!)
- A Night Like This
Streaming Music For Dancers
Every Sunday from 7-10 pm-
Variety Night! includes Swing, Hustle, Cha Cha, Night Club 2 Step, Shag, Country 2 Step, Foxtrot & Waltz Something for everyone!
Every Wednesday from 7-10 pm-
All West Coast Swing
First-time users of Mixlr are encouraged to download the step-by-step instructions for logging in that we have provided for you. click here
Our Next Dance
Is Tuesday, October 27
We sold out last week, so it you want to get in, don't wait until the last minute.
We are back to dancing with a new system to match singles and a larger number of couples.
Time 8:00 to 9:00pm
Music by DJ Jerry Bean
Cover Charges $7 for members, $10 guests.
Registration Must pre-register by calling Crystal at their new number: 614-505-8698. Leave a message if no one answers. Everyone must pay by credit card when making reservations.
Best time to reach someone at the desk is Tuesday and Thursday 5:30 to 8:30 and Saturday 6:00 to 9:00. You must register with a partner.
Covid Compliance Dance is now limited to 12 couples. 2 couples can register to sit together and switch partners. Also, 1 female dancer can have 2 male partners and sit together and dance with each of them and vise versa with 1 male partner having 2 female partners.
Everyone is required to wear masks entering and exiting and when walking throughout the ballroom. Wearing masks while sitting at your table or dancing with your partner is optional.
Find A Partner
Our new and still-in-development facebook group is called Buckeye Bop Club Dance Partner Sign-Up. The purpose of the group is to offer Club members an additional way to find a dance partner with whom to pre-register for our Tues evening dances. An invitation to join the group will be sent to the members of our Club who have facebook accounts. Sheree Green and Doug Hambleton are the current admins for the group; this is a PRIVATE group, and they will only approve Buckeye Bop Club members to be accepted into this facebook group.
There are several ways you can use the facebook group:
1) Tap or click on “Members” to see a list of members of the facebook group, and then use facebook Messenger to contact those you’d like to invite to meet you at a dance ~ that way your communication with them will be private. Alternatively you can simply type a reply to them, but that way everyone in the group will be able to see what you’ve written.
2) Add a post saying you’re looking for a dance partner ~ those who are interested can then contact you privately using facebook Messenger, or type a reply that everyone can see.
3) Look through the spreadsheet which is located on the “Discussion” page, under “Announcement 1.” You should be able to open the spreadsheet by clicking on it. Those who’ve entered their names on that list will have offered ways for you to contact them.
4) If you have the Google application “Sheets” on your device, you can add your own name and information to the spreadsheet. If you don’t already have Sheets and need help in downloading it, we’re working on detailed instructions for how to accomplish that.
If this is clear as mud and you need help, have any questions, or if you’d like to offer (constructive) feedback, please either send a private message via Messenger to Sheree Green, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plan on arriving 10 minutes before the dance.